Pocono Mountain Recovery Center is proud to be able to offer world class care for men and women who are looking to reclaim their lives from addiction and co-occurring mental illnesses. In choosing to come to this top notch provider of substance abuse treatment, a person becomes part of a dynamic community of support and encouragement that aims to help individuals from all walks of life achieve the sober and healthy lives that are deserved by all people.
We offer a top notch residential program with detoxification services, a high quality partial hospitalization program (PHP), an exemplary intensive outpatient program (IOP), and a variety of other extended and continuing care options that are designed to meet the needs of numerous individuals. Additionally, we have purposely made the accessibility of these programs simple, so that anyone can contact us and begin the process of admissions as soon as such services are needed.
Furthermore, we, at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center, are proud of the relationships that we have formed with other professionals in our area and are always excited to have the opportunity to work with other care providers who feel that our services can help the individuals that they are treating or come in contact with. We rely on our old and new professional relationships to help us spread the word about our high quality care so that we are able to help as many individuals as possible break free from substance use concerns.
As a leading provider of substance abuse treatment, we have extensive experience in working with a myriad of professionals from several different disciplines. Among the many types of professionals and entities who refer patients to our center, the following are the most common:
- Addiction specialists
- Employee assistance programs (EAPs)
- Outpatient treatment providers
- Providers of detoxification services
- Social workers
- Union Contracts
The above list of professionals and entities is by no means an exclusive list. As stated, we gladly welcome the opportunity to work with other professionals or persons who feel they know someone who would benefit from receiving care at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center.
The capacity in which we work with outside professionals can be as collaborative as the patient’s needs require. Our admissions team can be contacted, will provide information about our treatment, and describe the process of admissions. Additionally, during this same phone call, referents can learn about the many ways in which we work with referring professionals if it appears that the individual being referred is appropriate for care at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center.
When a professional refers a patient to our center, we can work with him or her in the following ways once our staff has secured the individual patient’s consent to speak with other parties:
- Our staff can provide information about the patient’s treatment plan and consult with the referent to learn about the methods of care that the patient had previously responded well to. In doing so, we believe this adds to the substance and quality of the treatment plan put in place.
- We can provide updates on the patient’s progress and also consult with the referent should it appear that the patient’s needs have changed. We believe that by providing such updates, it allows referents to be better prepared for providing care once the individual has been discharged from our center.
- When necessary, we can include the referent in individual therapy sessions when it is deemed clinically appropriate to the patient’s progress.
- Should a patient wish to speak with a referent while in treatment, we can facilitate this communication or, as previously stated, arrange for an individual therapy session to take place.
- We can include the referring professional in the discharge planning process so that he or she is aware of our staff’s recommendations for follow-up services once the patient’s time at Pocono Mountain Recovery is complete. We can also collaborate with the referent when it is necessary to return the patient to his or her care.
- We can inform the referent if the patient should discontinue treatment at our center if the individual elects to leave against medical advice.
If there is another capacity in which we are needing to work with outside professionals for the betterment of the patient’s care, we are happy to accommodate such circumstances in a manner that also benefits the referring professional as well.
If you are a professional who is currently treating an individual, or if you have come across a person who may benefit from the treatment that Pocono Mountain Recovery Center has to offer, do not hesitate to contact our center at your convenience. Our staff is ready, willing, and able to assist you and the individual you are referring in any way possible, and we look forward to working with you in the future.