At Pocono Mountain Recovery Center, we are proud of the reputation we have earned as being a premiere provider of comprehensive substance abuse treatment for men and women aged 18 and older. With a sprawling campus that extends over nearly 10 acres, we are able to provide our patients with a serene and picturesque environment where they can experience a sense of tranquility as they work towards overcoming their addictive behaviors, learn about maintaining sobriety, and ultimately embark on a new way of life.
The caring, compassionate, and empathetic staff that makes up our treatment teams here at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center is dedicated to offering encouragement, support, and guidance as patients learn to navigate the challenges of the early recovery experience. Many of our professional staff members are in recovery themselves, so they know firsthand what treatment is like. This knowledge allows them to be able to relate to patients on a deeper level, recognize the challenges they face, and understand what it takes to successfully achieve sobriety. Our staff teaches accountability through compassion, showing patients that they are able to take control of their own lives, while also providing the encouragement they need as they learn to do so.
Here at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center, we recognize that everyone comes to us at a different place in their lives and at different points in their addictions. Yet, we strive to be able to provide programming options for everyone who is in need of treatment, regardless of the specific circumstances that have led them to our doors. For this reason, we offer a number of levels of care that are catered to meet the varying needs of our patients. These levels of care include the following:
- Detoxification services
- Residential treatment
- Partial hospitalization programming (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient programming (IOP)
- Traditional outpatient treatment
- Extended care / sober living
Additionally, knowing how challenging it can be to remain on the path of sobriety once treatment has come to an end, we also provide ongoing aftercare services so that the men and women who seek care at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center have every opportunity to remain successful in the gains that they have achieved while in treatment.
Regardless of the type of substance that an individual has become addicted to, he or she can rest assured that Pocono Mountain Recovery Center can successfully treat his or her addiction(s). Examples of the various types of drugs that we provide addiction treatment for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prescription medications
When individuals are struggling with the compulsion to abuse multiple substances, the care we provide can help them put an end to all of their addictions.
In some instances, patients may come to Pocono Mountain Recovery Center suffering from a co-occurring mental health condition in addition to their struggles with addictions. When this is the case, our staff will work with patients in helping them come to understand how the presence of the particular disorders they are suffering from will relate to and affect their problematic patterns of abusing drugs and/or alcohol. Additionally, patients will be able to meet with a psychiatrist for medication management services on an as-needed basis. Examples of the most common conditions that we provide treatment for when they present as secondary to a substance use disorder include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Physical and sexual trauma
- Bipolar disorder
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
The treatment that we provide in all levels of care here at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center is rooted in the principles and philosophies of the 12-Steps. Each patient is given an individualized treatment plan that is customized to meet his or her specific needs, emphasizing his or her strengths, addressing his or her concerns, and establishing attainable goals that he or she wishes to achieve during his or her time in our care. Within each patient’s individualized treatment plan, the following may be incorporated:
- Detoxification services – a safe and effective way of having drugs and/or alcohol removed from an individual’s system
- Individual therapy – a time for patients to meet one-on-one with a professional in a confidential setting to discuss their progress in treatment, address any concerns that may arise, and receive support as they work towards achieving their treatment goals
- Group therapy – a time for patients to join together with their peers, giving and receiving support to and from one another, while also engaging in educational topics of discussion
- Family therapy – a time for patients’ family members to engage in the therapeutic process, working to heal strained relationships and learning how they can most benefit their loved one during his or her recovery process
- Experiential therapies – includes activities such as music therapy, meditation, recreational therapy, yoga, role playing, art therapy, mindfulness exercises
- Discharge planning – creating a plan of action for continuing care services once a patient’s time in treatment at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center has come to an end
If you or a loved one is suffering from an ongoing battle with addiction, please do not hesitate to contact the experienced and knowledgeable professionals at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center. Here, a brighter tomorrow can begin today.