For many, the best way to start the process of recovering from an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol is to receive care in a residential treatment center. At Pocono Mountain Recovery Center in Henryville, Pennsylvania, we recognize the immense benefits that are available to individuals who participate in residential programming, which is why we are pleased to offer comprehensive residential treatment to men and women, ages 18 and older, who are struggling with chemical dependency.
Our treatment program is based upon the 12-Step principles of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), in conjunction with additional therapeutic elements. Every patient who receives care in our residential program is given a customized treatment plan that outlines the details of what his or her time spent in our care will look like. The specific interventions and treatment modalities that are used during one’s time in treatment will be individualized based on each person’s needs, concerns, strengths, and treatment goals. Such interventions may include the following:
- Detoxification services – When individuals have drugs or alcohol in their bodies, they may be required to participate in detoxification services so that any substances of abuse can be safely and effectively removed from their systems prior to engaging in the therapeutic aspects of programming.
- Medication management – When an individual is suffering from the symptoms of a co-occurring mental health disorder in addition to an addiction, he or she may benefit from the use of certain medications to help alleviate any distressing symptoms. When this is the case, patients have the ability to meet with a psychiatrist for medication management services.
- Individual therapy – Patients meet with their primary counselor for private, one-on-one individual therapy sessions at least once each week. Additional sessions can be added on an as-needed basis.
- Group therapy – Group therapy sessions are an integral part of residential programming here at our addiction rehab center. We believe that the dynamics of the group process can allow for major changes to take place as these sessions can be used as a time for education, as well as a time for patients to help each other. There are a variety of topics that may be covered during group therapy sessions, which can include things like coping skills development, disease education, and relapse prevention.
- Family therapy – Family members are encouraged to participate in their loved one’s therapeutic process at least once during his or her time in treatment, yet sessions can occur on an ongoing basis, based on each individual’s preference and/or clinical need.
- Experiential therapy – Experiential therapy opportunities are available to give patients an avenue to express themselves outside of traditional talk therapy. Examples of the types of experiential therapies that we offer include art therapy, music therapy, mindfulness, meditation, role playing, and yoga.
AA meetings, AA Big Book study sessions, NA Basic Text study sessions, education lectures, didactic lectures, life skills groups, “Living Sober” study sessions, and extensive relapse prevention programming are also integral components of the daily regimen here at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center in Henryville, Pennsylvania. Additionally, there is time set aside for recreational periods and reflection time so that patients have the opportunity to unwind and process through the things they worked on that day. We have also implemented an elective-based component as part of our treatment structure, which allows patients a choice in some of the daily activities that they wish to participate in. Furthermore, we have incorporated Mindfulness Therapy groups, led under the direction of a licensed clinical psychologist, which are designed to address areas such as stress management, emotion regulation, trauma, and relapse prevention.
Additionally, at our addiction rehab center, we believe that the involvement of our patients’ loved ones in the treatment process is imperative. When an individual is addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, if he or she does not have support outside of our treatment center, his or her continued recovery could be greatly hindered. For this reason, we are pleased to offer a Family Program that is open to the family members of our patients. The Family Program is designed to teach both our patients and their loved ones about the disease of addiction, as well as its impact on friends and family members in order to promote healthier relationships.
A strong AA/NA First Step, coupled with a strong relapse prevention track that emphasizes the relapse dynamic and potential triggers, are key components of our recovery program. An individualized continuing care plan is designed so as to build upon the foundation that was started in treatment. This continuing care plan will begin to form at the time of a patient’s admission into treatment, and will be consistently updated based on the progress that the individual makes while in our care. By ensuring that our patients have a solid plan in place for when they leave our treatment center, they can feel confident in their abilities to remain successful in their recovery.
If you or an important person in your life needs help in overcoming an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol, please do not hesitate to contact the caring, compassionate, and knowledgeable professionals here at Pocono Mountain Recovery Center in Henryville, Pennsylvania. We can help you or your loved one make the positive changes needed to build a brighter future.